AYURVEDIC PRACTICES TO HELP YOU KEEP BODY AND MIND IN HARMONY
When we travel, changes in climate, time zones, and daily routines can sometimes throw us off balance. These changes can manifest in our digestion, immunity, sleep, nervous system, and more. Below, I've compiled my favorite Ayurvedic practices to prevent disruptions to your health, promote overall well-being, and reduce the negative impacts of travel-related stress.
- Keep your Agni (digestive fire) healthy as your diet changes. Pack a few bags of ginger tea to sip before or after meals.
- Chew on lightly dry toasted fennel seeds to reduce bloating.
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated and promote good elimination.
Immunity Herbal Support:
These are my preferred herbs for boosting immunity. You can take them in tea or powder form by adding them to your drinks.
- Turmeric: reduces inflammation.
- Tulsi: offers antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal properties that enhance immunity.
- Ashwagandha: calms the nervous system.
- Yoga: A few minutes of mindful movement in the morning or before bed can work wonders. Sun Salutations and legs up the wall are my go-to moves.
- Meditation and/or Breathwork: Settle your mind and breathe deeply for a few minutes each day. You can do this on the plane, train, or whenever you find a moment of stillness. Just close your eyes and take 5 deep breaths.
- Hydration is crucial before, during, and after your trip. I prefer electrolytes that help my body absorb water more efficiently and provide healthy minerals. Right now, my favorite brand is LMNT. The flavors are delightful, with no added sugars or toxic chemicals – they've worked wonders for me.
These are my favorite routines to take with me – simple and easy:
- Tongue Scrapping: Prevents toxic buildup and stimulates digestion.
- Nasya: Protect nasal passages from pollutants, viruses, pollen, etc.
- Abhyanga: Oiling your body keeps your skin hydrated, restores the nervous system, promotes lymph decongestion, and aids digestion.
Incorporating these simple and easy Ayurvedic tips into your travel plans can make your journey more balanced, enjoyable, and health-conscious. Remember, Ayurveda isn't about fixing one thing – it's about embracing your unique whole self. If you're interested in diving deeper into this beautiful traditional way of healing, reach out to me for details on how I can help you find harmony in your daily life!
Travel well and be kind to yourself,